- Make sure NSX-V Edge is working properly.
- Make sure OPNSense is working properly.
- Make sure Virtual Machines can connect to each SDN.
- Make sure network on Virtual Machines is configured properly.
- Make sure NAT for Virtual Machines is working properly.
Configure NSX-V Edge
- Login to vSphere web client > Networking & Security
- Choose NSX Edges > Your Edge > VPN > IPsec VPN
- Configure pre-shared key in global configuration status
- Choose add new IPsec (green icon).
- Configure IPsec, below is example
- Start IPsec Services.
Configure OPNSense - IPSec
- Login to OPNSense > VPN > IPSec > Pre-Shared Keys > Add
- Login to OPNSense > VPN > IPSec > Tunnel Settings
- Enable IPSec
- Add 2 Phase of IPSec configuration
- Phase 1
- IPSec summary of configuration
Configure OPNSense - Firewall
- Login to OPNSense > Firewall > Rules > IPSec
- Allow ICMP for testing
- Make sure ipsec is established/up
- Test connection with ping and traceroute.